Types of luggage
- Trunk - A wooden box, generally much larger than other kinds of luggage. Trunks come in smaller sizes as in the case of footlockers and larger ones called steamers. These days trunks are more commonly used for storage than transportation. Items large enough to require a trunk are now usually shipped in transport cases. Some of the better known trunk makers are Louis Vuitton, Goyard, Moynat, M. M. Secor and Leatheroid.
- Suitcase - A general term that may refer to wheeled or non-wheeled luggage, as well as soft or hard side luggage.
- Garment bag - A style of luggage that folds over on itself to allow long garments such as suits or dresses to be packed flat to avoid creasing. Garment bags come in both wheeled and non-wheeled models, and are usually one of the largest pieces in any set of luggage
- Tote - A small bag, usually worn on the shoulder
- Duffle bag - A barrel-shaped bag, almost exclusively soft side, is well suited to casual travel, with little organization inside.
- Carpet bag - travel luggage traditionally made from carpets.
- Packing Cubes - Small rectangular bags of different sizes and different colors created to keep the baggage organized and save space
- Gate Check Bags - Bags specially designed to protect frequent gate checking items, such as strollers and car seats
Don't forget to sign up!
Find out early about all upcoming promotions and